Château Fougas Forces de Vie
The ultimate wine: Our finest selection of Château Fougas Maldoror.
Since we introduced biodynamic viticulture, one vineyard has fully revealed itself. The resultant wine is mineral and concentrates complex aromas of flowers and fruits.
- 95% Merlot
- 5% Cabernet-Sauvignon
- 18 months’ ageing in new barrels
Ageing potential : 10 to 20 years
Medals and pressbook
- « This has an attractive nose of dried flowers, truffles, blackcurrants, blackberry leaves and walnuts. Medium to full body with firm, tight tannins. Structured and well-framed. 95%merlot and 5% cabernet sauvignon. From biodynamically grown grapes with Demeter certification. Better from 2025. » - Score 91 - James Suckling - Report 15/16 June 2023 -http://www.jamessuckling.com/
It is presented as the best selection of Château Fougas. The Force de vie cuvée embodies a mineral wine, concentrated with complex aromas of flowers and fruits. Its blend of Merlot (95%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%) is characterized by a deep black cherry color. We will evoke an "exuberant" nose, mineral, red fruits, cherry, violet, raspberry. The palate is bright, frank and lively with lots of fruit with remarkable balance and length in the mouth. Ideal on a tournedos of Kobe, lamb of Pauillac.
"On la présente comme la meilleure sélection du Château Fougas. La cuvée Force de vie incarne un vin minéral, concentré d'arômes complexes de fleurs et de fruits. Son assemblage merlot (95 %) et cabernet sauvignon (5 %) se caractérise par une couleur profonde de cerise noire. On évoquera un nez « exubérant », minéral, fruits rouges, cerise, violette, framboise. La bouche est éclatante, franche et vive avec beaucoup de fruits avec un équilibre et une longueur en bouche remarquables. Idéal sur un tournedos de Kobé, de l'agneau de Pauillac." - JOURNAL « TOUT LYON », Rubrique « In Vino » du 10/11/2022
- Tasting :
- « TOTAL SUCCESS
The Côtes de Bourg are on the right bank of Bordeaux, and as is customary in these colder soils, merlot is mainly grown. Forces de Vie is the great cuvée of the Béchet family, and what a wine! The nose transports us to Bordeaux, but with a fragrance, purity and vitality that stand out. Notes of tobacco, plum, cocoa mingle with a noble plant and a perfectly integrated woody. On the palate, it offers a ripe, almost silky material, a tonic freshness and fine tannins, firm, but without any hardness. Blend of 95% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, with an aging of 18 months in new barrels, the wine is complete, complex and very harmonious. To drink now, with grilled meats, a braised lamb shank, a duck confit, or to put in the cellar. » VÉRONIQUE RIVEST - SOMMELIÈRE CANADA
- « TOTAL SUCCESS
- The wines: a magnificent 2018. The wood is still present, but the fruit is very balanced, energetic and tense, with hints of sweet spices, paprika. We feel the particular presence of the terroir in the finale. You can wait until this one delivers its tertiary nuances, or lead it to this savory and lively fruit. Strengths of V and very original but also tight in 2017. A superb note of blackcurrant energizes the bouquet of 2018, tasted during aging, held by warm notes of cocoa, vigorous freshness on the palate and succulent tannins. Le GUIDE des MEILLEURS VINS de FRANCE 2021
- « In « Forces de Vie », blackcurrant and mint develop on a slight floral and juicy structure haloed with an almost saline tannin. » La RVF 2021
- « Château Fougas « Forces de vie » 2018, Côtes de Bourg, Bordeaux. We are visibly here in front of the great wine of this house managed in biodynamics by Jean-Yves Béchet. A serious red whose Merlots are still rounded under the sophisticated breeding of a futaille that gives all the spicy notes of smoke, of roasted coconut and fresh tobacco, all once again roundly led by the contribution of ripe, fresh, dense and expressive tannins. (Provide a daube or grilled steak to bind the proteins and coax the tannins). » (5+) © ★★★ ½ LE DEVOIR - Mai 2022
- A deep color, an exuberant nose, with notes of red fruits and flowers (violet). A frank, lively mouth and a beautiful balance. This cuvée with Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grape varieties goes well with a beautiful piece of Wagyu beef à la plancha. Château Fougas is certified organic and biodynamic. The result of a meticulous sorting of the grapes on arrival at the vat room, the parcel vinification is carried out with Burgundian pigeage. The castle is looking for violet rather than tar and - refined more than concentrate. Centre Presse 18/07/2022
- A Classic with a strong identity as good as comforting. Representative of its appellation whose colors it wears high. Biodynamics. Le Monde des Vins du 21/01/2020 -Notre sélection de vins Bio (page 4)
- Favorite for this red Bordeaux wine combining length and roundness: the 2016 Côtes de Bourg Forces de Vies from Château Fougas. Forces de Vies is currently closing and will keep for at least ten years; it reveals a quality of fruit and a flawless mineral intensity, a roundness and a length which rank it among the great. La Revue des Vins de France -13/02/20
- Yves Beck on the 7 of December 2017 Mark 92/100
- Le monde magazine 8 of September 2018 : “This biodynamic Force de vie vintage have revealed itself to be a stunning discovery ! A dominantmerlot allied with cabernets, make this wine tasty, balanced and refined. A spirit of terroir which makes it a perfect wine for Sunday family lunch.”