Château Fougas Forces de Vie
The ultimate wine: Our finest selection of Château Fougas Maldoror.
Since we introduced biodynamic viticulture, one vineyard has fully revealed itself. The resultant wine is mineral and concentrates complex aromas of flowers and fruits.
- 95% Merlot
- 5% Cabernet-Sauvignon
- 18 months’ ageing in new barrels
Ageing potential : 10 to 20 years
Medals and pressbook
- The wines: a magnificent 2018. The wood is still present, but the fruit is very balanced, energetic and tense, with hints of sweet spices, paprika. We feel the particular presence of the terroir in the finale. You can wait until this one delivers its tertiary nuances, or lead it to this savory and lively fruit. Strengths of V and very original but also tight in 2017. A superb note of blackcurrant energizes the bouquet of 2018, tasted during aging, held by warm notes of cocoa, vigorous freshness on the palate and succulent tannins. Le GUIDE des MEILLEURS VINS de FRANCE 2021
- A Classic with a strong identity as good as comforting. Representative of its appellation whose colors it wears high. Biodynamics. Le Monde des Vins du 21/01/2020 -Notre sélection de vins Bio (page 4)
- Favorite for this red Bordeaux wine combining length and roundness: the 2016 Côtes de Bourg Forces de Vies from Château Fougas. Forces de Vies is currently closing and will keep for at least ten years; it reveals a quality of fruit and a flawless mineral intensity, a roundness and a length which rank it among the great. La Revue des Vins de France -13/02/20
- Yves Beck on the 7 of December 2017 Mark 92/100
- Le monde magazine 8 of September 2018 : “This biodynamic Force de vie vintage have revealed itself to be a stunning discovery ! A dominantmerlot allied with cabernets, make this wine tasty, balanced and refined. A spirit of terroir which makes it a perfect wine for Sunday family lunch.”